I have a friend getting married on the beach in July. We have been texting about it most of the day. I have made some serious "Beach Wedding" board progress on Pinterest which is only increasing my anticipation.
The excitement about her wedding has me thinking about other Photography related goals I would like to set (and hopefully meet) in the next year. But, I have a complicated relationship to goals. I am not competitive so if I don't reach a goal I am never upset, knowing I can always try again.
I am going to throw my "goals" for 2013 out there. I hope to accomplish a few. But, above all else, I hope to have another fun year with my camera.
- Photograph 3 additional weddings in 2013. I really enjoy the spirit and feel of smaller weddings (be it a1st or 2nd wedding). It can be tricky to find "small wedding" couples who want to hire a photographer. All of the weddings I photographed have been small or small-ish and I have loved each and every one of them. I truly believe those are "my" types of weddings to capture.
- Photograph a Birth Session. Like, someone giving birth. I was inspired by this session. A birth session would be completely different from anything I have photographed previously and I am intrigued by the uniqueness of the experience.
- I would love to find an assistant to help at sessions. This idea is still marinating in my brain, but I am excited about the possibility of having help to wrangle children and hold reflectors while I am shooting.
- Blog more consistently and blog more of the images I capture. I edit and TON of images but I am not consistent enough at blogging to get my work "out there." I do post a lot more images to the PictureMommy Facebook page, find me on there and give me a Like.
- Inspired by Kate, I would like to participate in a photography challenge. Either a competition or a self-created project. She has worked seriously hard on her photography in the last year and it shows, she is rocking out the local photography scene.
- Lastly, I really want to photograph baby twins. A girl I know is pregnant with twins…fingers crossed I can get my camera on those two little dudes!
I was worried I couldn't come up with 3 goals, now I have thought of so many I could keep on going. This list seems like a good place to start.
If you have any advice, comments or suggestions about my goals please give me some feedback. I had to turn the comment section of the blog off because the 10,000 spam messages were annoying. Talk to me on Facebook, shoot me an email, text me, call me. Whatever! I want to hear what you have to say!